Writing a Guest Story or Article for NewEnglandFilm.com
NewEnglandFilm.com is always looking for stories from the local film community to post in our news section of the website. Here are some guidelines to consider:
- We will not post any articles/stories that promote products or are straightforward sales pitches.
- We don’t post press releases.
- We only publish stories about the New England film community—filmmakers, festivals, companies, events, etc.
- Don’t make it longer than 800 words.
- Be sure to follow our editorial guidelines.
- You can embed links into the post, including ones that are for your own film, company, festival or event.
- If you want you can include a 1-2 sentence “more info” that shows up at the bottom of the article.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 800-word maximum story as Microsoft Word or Google Drive file.
- At least one photo (JPG or PNG) at least 1000 pixels wide.
- Include your title, blurb (a sentence describing the post) and author name.
- Include a brief bio for the author.
- Attach an image with the post (jpg). We only accept promotional stills, fair use photos, and original photos.
Your submission does not a guarantee publication. There is no compensation for guest stories. All stories will be edited as necessary.
Examples of Stories/Articles
Filmmaker Interview: Nothing is Truer Than Truth
Filmmaker Q&A: Festival Interview: Knightsville
Festival Story: Woods Hole: Returning Filmmakers