New England Film Star Award
The New England Film Star Award is a grant to be given to one film project by a marginalized filmmaker residing in New England. This award is sponsored by:
Awardee Will Receive:
- Rule / Boston Camera $650 certificate for rental
- Hunts Photo & Video $500 certificate for rental
- Talamas $300 certificate for rental
- Adobe Creative Cloud 1-year membership
- Women in Film Video New England 1-year membership
- Two in-person strategy/consulting sessions with members of the Animus Studios team (including one of the partners) at Animus Studios in Riverside, Rhode Island
- Event services and hosting for a public/private screening event at Jupiter Hall in Manchester, New Hampshire
- A hair and make-up session with Sydney Hunt, MUA and a private photo shoot culminating in one professional photo by Stephanie Alvarez Ewens at her studio in Pawtucket, Rhode Island
- A film strategy session with NewEnglandFilm.com Founder Michele Meek via Skype or Zoom
- Filmmaker must reside in New England (Rhode Island, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire).
- Filmmaker must have a clear project and production plan (any genre, any stage from pre- to post-production) for the grant.
- Filmmaker must articulate in their personal statement how they will benefit from the award as a result of their marginalization by race, gender, sexuality, class, or able-bodiedness, or other factors.
- Awardee must use all services and products awarded by September 2020
- Awardee must complete a short online form progress report in March 2020 and September 2020
- Awardee must list “Support provided by NewEnglandFilm.com” in the award project’s film credits, the website for the film, and on all press releases or publicity materials about the film
Grant Application Deadline:
July 15, 2019—extended to August 1, 2019
September 15, 2019
How to Apply:
2019 applications are closed for the year.
If you have questions or problems, you can email email@example.com.