GBH Production Group
The GBH Production Group includes our Studios and OutPost divisions.
Our Studios feature Calderwood Studio a 4,500 SF, 75 x 58 x 21 sound stage with floating floor, Studio B at 2500 SF, 69 x 36 x 21, plus additional specialized studio, meeting and event spaces.
Calderwood’s size, location, convenience, facilities, and crew attract producers and companies from the U.S. and around the world. You’ll find no better-equipped space in New England for film and video production, live programming, streaming events (live and virtual), and global satellite broadcast.
• 2 Video and 2 audio control rooms
• 8 HD Hitachi cameras on pedestals with teleprompter capability
• Multiple format record/playback capabilities
• 21′ high fully equipped lighting grid
• Adjacent makeup and green-rooms
• Global satellite-link facilities
• Fiber link via The Switch
• 220 seat 4k theater with 7.1 surround
• Free Parking
Visit studios.wgbh.org to learn more.
The OutPost specializes in documentary finishing for accomplished producers at such prestigious organizations as PBS, National Geographic, and Discovery. Our award-winning team’s “seen it all” expertise, flexibility, and calm professionalism provides clients with the confidence to think and work at their most creative. Services include online editing, color grading, mix and sound editing, suite rentals, duplication and file encoding.
• 4 UHD/4k color grading suites with DaVinci, Baselight, or Avid color correction
• 3 Acoustically perfect mix rooms with 5.1 capability
• Multiple ISDN & Comrex connected VO or narration recording booths
• 12 Interconnected support edit suites
• 1.5 Petabytes of shared high-speed storage
• Post-production management & Technical consultation
• 50,000+ searchable sound effects library
• DCP creation for festivals with proof screening in our 220 seat theater
Visit outpost.wgbh.org to learn more.
Credits & Awards
Years in Business: over 20 years
Contact InformationPrimary Contact: Terry Quinn Senior Operations Manager for Studios
Secondary Contact: Chloe Ferrarone
One Guest Street
Boston MA 02135
Other Phone: 617-300-2349