Top 10 Reality Show Audition Tips
Written by Angela Peri | Posted by: erin
1) Go into the audition with a good attitude. Producers don’t hire mopes, they hire happy people!
2) The thicker your accent, the better. Your accent distinguishes you from everyone else and connects you to a region of the country.
3) Go into the audition with a little bit of an edge. This will separate you from the crowd.
4) Become listed with all the casting companies in your area.
5) Read the trade magazines and newspapers to find out when production companies are casting reality shows.
6) Have a decent photograph of yourself ready to go. Producers and casting directors will always ask for a photo.
7) Create a list in your head of your special skills so you can talk about them and include them on an application. Special skills and special work skills include firefighting, competitive skating, rock climbing, cooking, martial arts, being a super-mom, etc. Research the reality show you’re interested in and match your skills to what they’re looking for.
8) Have a bio about yourself ready to go at the audition.
9) Be prepared to answer this question, “What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?”
10) Schmooze with the producers! Schmoozing gets you everywhere!
To register your headshot and resume, to research classes, or find out about open calls, visit www.bostoncasting.com. For Ariella Gogol's Q and A with Boston Casting's Julie Arvedon, click here.